Monday, May 4, 2009

Too close for comfort!

Friday my mom and sister went to visit two extended family members in the hospital in Macon, so I had both Kinley and Merritt. Let me just say that people with kids this close together or closer must be saints or crazy! Merritt is 2 years 8 months and Kinley is 13 months, so 19 months apart. Both kids were actually really good but still...
We met at the park and played for a little bit at the small playground. I didn't think I could manage the two of them on the big one. Of course the little playground was not so exciting for Mr. Merritt, so we didn't stay long. Off to the library after the park. Merritt hasn't been to the library since he was too young to remember. Nate told him it was one of his favorite places last weekend so of course Merritt wanted to find out what all the fuss was about.
Merritt has recently mastered or semi-mastered potty training. The first stop at the library-the potty. Success! Yay Merritt! Then we covered the only rule for the library is to talk quietly. Success there as well until the nice librarian found us a book about trains! I really am proud of how well Merritt behaved and enjoyed the library.
After the library we had a few things to pick up at Publix. Julie and I sometimes go to the grocery store on Friday with both kids and most times it's a disaster before we leave the store. One kid or the other has usually turned into a pumpkin. Publix however has the greatest thing ever...Race car shopping carts complete with two steering wheels! Apparently they're familiar with those saints/crazies I mentioned earlier. This is the only photo of the day. It was the only point besides lunch they were both sitting still. ;)
Afterward we proceeded home to use the potty again. I headed out to grab the groceries out of the car and came back in to Merritt asking to go to the potty again. I was a little late. After cleaning him up I realized Kinley had soaked through her diaper to her clothes. After changing her we had a few minutes of terrorizing Macy running and squealing through the house before another bathroom break. During all these bathroom trips Kinley has developed a new obsession with toilet paper. Seriously how do these parents do it?
We go through ups and downs with Kinley and Merritt playing well together and thankfully we're in a good time. They played so hard both of them passed out immediately at nap time and stayed down for nearly 3 hours.
In that time, Erin and I worked on a bag for her.
Yay for Erin's first sewing project.

2 comments:

  1. YAY for me! ;) I can't wait to attempt another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I LOVE the bag. I totally feel ya on the two kids thing. Those moms make it looks so easy sometimes!

    ReplyDelete