You heard me right. We are having some work done in our backyard and on Friday the cable got cut. (The utility folks were off by at least 3 feet when they marked.) The Bells without any of those modern conveniences. What will we do with ourselves?
Daddy still has his XBOX 360, so he's okay. Kinley too. Isn't she too cute kicked back on the sofa like a grown up?

Drew and Kinley felt sorry for me, so I got one of my Mother's Day presents early. The book Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. I'm so excited!!! I've been patiently waiting for my copy of this.

I immediately used the Smocked Dress pattern to make this dress out of fabric my mom bought for Kinley the other day. I had already planned to try and make it into something before our family get-together, so it worked out perfectly.

My family decided to meet at the park this year and bring food there. That way none of us had to worry about cooking or cleaning since we're all moms. It was pretty nice out and a good time was had by all...until Merritt fell off the playground you can see in the background of this picture. It's really, really high off the ground. Thankfully he was fine other than a few bumps and bruises. We were at North Mt. Carmel Park which is really nice but seriously if you go there steer your little ones to the small side of the playground. Those big ones are dangerous!
Today we went to Drew's parent's house to celebrate Mother's Day there. Kinley got to enjoy homemade pound cake Grandma made and was so excited she skipped her nap. Here's how she felt after all the festivities:

So how am I posting this you ask? Drew could take it no longer. The Hurricanes are in the Stanley cup playoffs and had a game tonight at 7:30. We HAD to have it fixed before then, so off we went to Wal-Mart to pick up the necessary supplies to fix the cable. Priorities here people.
Happy Mother's Day everyone. I'm off to sew dress number two for Kinley this weekend from my new book! I'll show it off tomorrow.
Kinley's going to be playing video games before you know it ;)
ReplyDeleteI love that first picture of her! So funny. And her dress is precious. I'm so impressed with your sewing skills!
ReplyDelete