Friday, May 22, 2009

Patty Cake, Patty Cake

Bake me a cake as fast as you can! Kinley and I decided to try baking together yesterday. For those of you who don't know, I'm not only the world's messiest cook I'm also the most accident prone. I rarely ever make it through making a meal without injuring myself in some way. My record with baking is a little bit better, but still. About 1/4 of the way into the project, I began to think maybe I was a little crazy to attempt this while no one was here to help...
We're all set to get started...Yes that is a cake mix. See that cookbook in the background? It's The Cake Mix Doctor, and it's the best thing ever. Haven't made anything out of it that wasn't yummy and impossible to tell that it started out as a mix. This time we're trying Carrot Cake. Daddy's favorite. I bought the stuff at Easter to make it except I forgot the carrots. LOL! So we're just now getting around to making it.Here's Kinley helping grind the carrots in the food processor. Well, I suppose I should say carrot because once it started she was terrified.
The mixer wasn't quite as scary. She managed to recover herself in time to help fold in the carrots, raisins and pecans.While it baked, Kinley tortured Bailey with her pretend baking things and I cleaned the horrific mess we managed to create.
Can you tell he isn't super thrilled?
After dinner we made the icing. Let's just say all hands were needed during these steps. Kinley likes icing. Can you tell she's trying to think of a way to get those hands in that bowl before I can catch them?
Finally, the finished product. Again with those quick hands...

I must say it was actually easier to have her helping/watching me than it is to dodge her underneath my feet while I'm cooking. Now all this little Betty Crocker needs is an apron for herself....

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Cake Mix Doctor! Isn't the stuff great in there? Miss Kinley looks like a natural chef!

    ReplyDelete