Saturday, April 4, 2009

Catching up

I know it's been awhile since the last post. It's just sooooo hard to get good pictures with Kinley on the move these days. I did catch her in her favorite spot yesterday though. Macy's bed.

Yes I do realize it's disgusting, but I've given up on the fight. Instead I just try to wash the bed often. We tossed Macy's old bed from an earlier post because it was beyond keeping clean.
So, what's been happening? Not much.
With all this rain and since Daddy's been traveling so much, we've stayed around the house a lot. We're hoping with the nice weather today Kinley can play outside when she wakes up from her nap. I've done more reading than sewing. It's hard to be motivated to make spring and summer clothes with the gray skies. I did make a mini Easter basket for Kinley yesterday.
Another reason for staying home has been the attempts to switch Princess over to drinking milk instead of formula and using cups instead of bottles. Which you wouldn't think would be a transition that forces you to stay home, but...
You'll notice I said Princess which I'm not very fond of. Let's just say Kinley's beginning to show her strong willed side of her personality a little more. We've bought nearly every kind of sippy cup on the market to no avail. I finally caved and bought the Avent kind that would work with her bottles and have been using the nipples from her bottle on the cup bottoms. I was hoping she'd get used to the shape of the cup then could learn to use the different top. Not so much.
We've decided to go cold turkey after reading lots of suggestions on the internet. Even with no juice and no bottle to be had she held out. She'll take a few sips out of whatever kind of cup it is only to realize it's white stuff in there and then throws the cup down. Or screams and swats her hands as you approach her mouth with the cup. Which having almost no juice or milk makes her cranky all day and keeps her from sleeping well, but I think she's finally getting the picture. Thursday and Friday went really well. She's still not drinking as much as she was when it was formula in a bottle, but she's drinking it. Yay!!!
Besides the cup drama, she's turned into a complete daddy's girl. Drew's had to travel the last 3 weeks, so when he's home she doesn't want to let him out of sight. He called her his shadow last night. She cries when he puts her down, tries to hand her to me, or when he heads upstairs or into the garage to work. It's harder to get her down for naps as well. It's like she just doesn't want the fun with daddy to stop. Last weekend and today while he cut grass, she went from one window to the next and back again to watch him. It really is very sweet (minus the crying part).
Hmmmm, that was a lot to say for not much happening, so I'll go now. Hope I didn't bore you to tears. Check back tomorrow to see if we got any good ones of Miss Kin outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment