With that in mind when I spotted this baby shower theme I decided despite the flack I would catch from our family members Sophie girl was having a Book Birthday Party.
It's also kind of nice because Kinley has given up every toy and outfit she ever owned to her sister. It's amazing how quickly baby toys that have been tossed aside for months/years can become interesting again as soon as you have to pass them down to younger siblings. This way both girls will have their very own libraries. You never really outgrow books.
Sophie really loves books too.
Since I decided months ago on the theme, I've been working here and there on all the preparations. Which is good because nothing went quite as planned Friday and Saturday this week. Including finding out at the last minute Publix would not sell me a smash cake for Sophie and a pretty nasty head, neck and back injury brought on by my refrigerator. (I am seriously the world's biggest klutz.)
I managed to pull together a cake out of supplies in my pantry. I don't make cakes. I can't frost them. But Sophie girl had a cake. With M&M's which I belatedly realized just might be a choking hazard. Good times!
The cupcakes Publix did make with added Golden Book decorations.
I even made cake pops with the leftover cake. Andy and I made balloon animals the night before when all I could do was lay in bed after banging my head.
We had labels for the books, so Sophie will always know where each of her books came from.
Paper flowers and photo garland:
I almost couldn't do it.
I...CUT...UP...BOOKS...to make book worm favors. At least they were the free Chick-fil-A kids meal ones that Sophie had already chewed on the corners of. Still it was hard.
Book worms.
Okay photo overload. Will be back with the Cake and Presents.



So fun! Happy Birthday to Sophie. I'll be coming to you for 1st birthday ideas soon! Crazy.
ReplyDeleteI am glad things turned out so well and that you didn't procrastinate! ;)
ReplyDelete