Thursday, February 16, 2012

Guilty

When Kinley came in to our room this morning she had a funny (guilty) look on her face.  I asked her what was wrong.  She replies with "I didn't take a rest.  I snuck out while everyone was sleeping and got my leappad.  Then I played in bed."  At first I am confused.  Surely not.  Maybe she just means this morning.  Like she got up too early and thinks it was night time.  I thought I heard a door at 6.  I head to her room and sure enough, the leappad is hiding under her pillow.  Plus some farm animals and a felt barn.  (Those were my favorite toys growing up.  We could spend hours playing "Animals" at my granny's house.)  Again I'm thinking she just meant this morning.  She sticks with her story though that it was during the night, and she didn't rest.  Then we get in the car to head to an appointment, and she nearly falls asleep.  At noon.  Here it is, nap time, and she's actually napping.  She must have been telling the truth.  That child is honest to a fault like her mother.  The Leappad will now be residing on the mantle while she's supposed to be sleeping.

Here's my confession of the day:
I had all her hair chopped off.
It is apparently seasonal with me.  Last year's cut on Feb, 22nd.
After combing a huge chunk of it out Monday morning that was matted with God only knows what type of food, I had to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment