Monday, September 14, 2009

A week in the life of the Bells

Been way behind on getting pictures off the camera. Sorry! So here goes the catch up:
Sewing with Erin and Heather: The sewing was supposed to happen while Miss Kin slept, but as you can see she had other plans. Can you see the attitude in that face? This was about 5 minutes of peace playing with buttons between screaming fits to be sitting at the sewing machine. Thankfully Heather was here to help Erin with her bag while I wrangled Kinley.

Some random cuteness while she was sleeping hard the next day making up for that missed nap the day before.This is at the rodeo watching the pony ride from afar. She wanted to pet every animal she saw but was not interested in riding the ponies. I made her skirt out of some Heather Ross ponies fabric. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to, but I'm going to work on it some more because this is my all time favorite fabric. It is the softest I've ever touched.
The squatting is an example of the little copy cat we have on our hands now. Grown ups bend down to talk to her all the time, so she does it too. Not sure I realized just how early this stage started. Be very careful of what you say and do in front of this one. She's a quick learner!

Here she is with Grandpa in the stands later. Kinley is horse obsessed, so we thought she'd enjoy the rodeo. She did have a good time and behaved for the 3 hours we were there. It's a record I'm sure. ;) However if anyone else intends to go to the rodeo with small children or my husband, I'd plan on getting there at least an hour late. This thing was LOOOONG! We left at 9:30 because Drew had had enough and they were only half way through.
Saturday we went to Raccoon Creek Bluegrass Festival. Kinley went sans nap. We survived it only because there were friendly dogs she could stalk and a playground area that included a big old washing tub filled with sudsy water and kitchen items. It is seriously amazing what a difference two weeks of Mom's morning out made. She ran straight up to the other kids and started playing. She normally sits back and takes it all in for a long time before joining other kids in playing. No pictures of that because I couldn't leave her to run back and get the camera from where our chairs were.
Kinley had a blast and soaked her mama made dress through and through. After last weeks loss, Kinley is no longer allowed to wear her other UGA top on game days. So far this dress is a winner. Looks like she'll be wearing it every weekend. ;)
And here's our lazy Sunday:She was reading her book to her baby. Complete with baby kissing the pages.
Now you're all caught up. I probably won't post anymore until next week. I've got some mad sewing to finish before heading to Raleigh at the end of the week...and cleaning...and laundry...and packing...I can't wait to see everyone there. It's been too long.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are just becoming a regular ol' country family....bluegrass music, and now the rodeo! =) You're going to need some overall patterns pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete