Saturday, September 26, 2009

Raleigh Recap

A great time was had by all. We've joked since I found out I was pregnant that we would be future in-laws with the Peacocks. It was great to be able to stay with them since they already have everything a toddler could possibly need/want times 2! The kids got along great and took no time getting to know each other. The first day Kinley kept sitting as close as she could get to Emma. Or Memma as Miss Kin called her. (Side note she says Melmo for Elmo too. Not sure where that extra m is coming from.)
On our way home from dinner the first night we looked back to find Kinley holding Corbin's hand.Not the greatest picture but you get the idea.It was dark in the car and the flash kind of scared the kids. This hand holding continued each time we got in the car. Just with Corbin mind you not with Emma.
They also enjoyed hugging (Please excuse Eric's yelling and my laughing)
and kissing.
The slide was a big hit with Kinley. Put that on the Christmas list. :)
Besides match making, we enjoyed a trip to Pullen Park, O'Malleys, and the Smithfield Outlets.
Feeding Ducks at Pullen Park:They look mesmerized don't they? I stayed far, far away from the birds. Eric tried grabbing one for the kids and to torture me I think. ;)
The ladies:
Enjoying our favorite:

O'Malley's has added a patio with live music. It was the best time I've ever had there. Thanks to Jennifer for staying home with the kids, so I could eat our favorite wings. It's been over 2 years since I've had them!
We were supposed to take Kat to one of her favorite restaurants for her b-day, but it was closed. So very sad. It was raining cats and dogs that night, so we ate at the ale house in the same strip, and it was less than celebratory. We headed to Baskin Robbins to make up for it.
Our last morning there we had breakfast at the Farmers' Market. It used to be a sunday morning ritual. On the way out of town, I got to shop at the Chez Ami outlet. I came home with lots of great knit fabrics to test out my skills on. I'll have to make a whole separate post on those...
Thanks again to the Peacocks. We had a great time! We were sad to go. Kinley asked for Memma all day thursday. Next time, we're making them come here, so everyone can enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment