Sunday, September 6, 2009

3 kids, 4 adults and a whole lotta animals...

It's a Zoo!!!
My sisters and I decided to try to get the kids together this weekend since it was a long holiday weekend and nobody has to work tomorrow. Lee Anne had the fabulous idea to try the zoo and it was a hit. The weather was great, it was super crowded, but the kids all behaved very well. We even got to see most of the animals being active. I took a good bit of photos and videos, so I'll post them over on picasa for you to check out. I'll hit the highlights here.
Here's Miss Kin at the front entrance eager to get going and checking out the Flamingos. She swindled her Aunt Lee Anne into freeing her from the stroller while I was in the restroom. I thought it was going to be a long day at this rate...
Enthralled by the gorillas. One came down pretty close to us. We told Nate it was because he waned some of his Cheez its. She stayed peacefully in her stroller for most of the day which made it kind of harder for her to spot the animals but much easier to keep up with her. You could tell when she did discover an animal though because she giggled every time. Every time. She is a silly goose.
Kinley liked most of the animals. She shouted horse repeatedly at nearly all four legged creatures despite there being not a single horse in the zoo. ;) She was not so sure about snakes however. She just kept saying "uh, oh" when Aunt Julie held her up to the glass in the reptile house.
Taking a much needed snack break. This is what you get when you ask 2 3 year olds and a 1.5 year old to say cheese for the camera:I believe her favorites were definitely in the Kid zone section. They have a birthday pavillion with music, balls and hula hoops for the kids to run and play. It was big fun! Be sure to check out those videos for Merrit's mad hula hoop skillz and Kinley's dancing!
It was difficult to pry her away, but we headed on to the petting zoo next. Kinley became an attraction herself in here. She giggled so hystarically at every animal that the bystanders were checking her out instead of the animals. Also in the videos. It took her awhile to decide to pet them but then she quickly moved on to attempting to kiss and feed them. Good times, good times!
Here we are 2 minutes in to the car ride home:

No comments:

Post a Comment