Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What's been keeping me so quiet?

Slaving away in the Bell Sweatshop. I can't post all of what I've been working on, but here are two of the big ones.
A playhouse for Kinley:
It's supposed to be a barn/farmhouse. One day it will have a hay loft above that door with a rooster. Probably not before Christmas however.
Horse and apple tree. The apples are on with Velcro, so she can pick them. We may have lemons or oranges in the summer.

The cow's in the corn. ;) The corn cobs, carrots and lettuce are all made so she can pick them.

On the back, a piggy, window and flowers.
This thing was a pretty big task. The biggest one was finding time when Kinley was sleeping and Heather able to come down and help. Without her this thing wouldn't be nearly as cute or finished at all. Kinley is one lucky girl to have Miss Heather love her so much. :)

And the pile of pepper quilt:
It's just the quilt top right now but hopefully I can get it all finished up before Christmas. It has been a nightmare tracking down enough shirts to make this thing...including having to tell Drew about it when an eBay seller was trying to scam me. So sad it isn't a surprise, but I have a feeling this will be the most appreciated thing I've ever sewn which makes it totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, girl. That barn is amazing! Kin is going to have a BLAST in that thing! Good job to you and Heather both! The quilt looks great too. Sorry your suprise was ruined :(

    ReplyDelete