June, July and August are big birthday months for the Bell family. Every child in the extended family has a birthday during these months. It's crazy! I've been hoarding some Thomas the Train fabric to make something for Nate and Merritt and decided their birthdays would be a perfect opportunity. I already posted pics of
Nate's pj set and Merritt received one just like it.
Here's the best pic I could get of Merritt in his while he was over the other day. A true "action" shot as he and Kinley are running circles around the house.

He must have liked them because he refused to take them off even though I was just trying them on him to see if the waistband fit and needed to finish it. He also insisted to his mommy when she came to pick him up that they were real pants not just pj's.
I couldn't make them something and not make Ashlee and Devin's gifts too, so they got UGA themed outfits. Please forgive the terrible photos of these things. I had stayed up till midnight and gotten up at 5am to finish these. I wasn't thinking clearly at this point. ;)

A pillowcase style top paired with at skirt from Target. It has the same black and white dot ribbon as the skirt above in the ties at the shoulder, but you totally can't see it. Maybe Kevin will send me some pics of the girls in them.

Emma Grace and Corbin also have summer b-days, and I made up a couple of things for them.
I found some peacockish fabric at Hobby Lobby months ago and made a dress for Emma that I apparently never photographed. Then I found this peacock fabric at Scarlet Thread that was way better, so she got a top out of it like
Kinley's UGA top.
Corbin got a romper to wear around the house made out of the same Thomas fabric. His dad is train obsessed so I'm assuming he will be one day too.

I say it's for around the house because I tried a lot of new to me techniques, and it is far from perfect. I can't imagine sewing for boys all the time. This thing was a challenge! A collar, button facings, button holes, buttons and sleeves...
And here's why Miss Kin has her ears pierced:

No comments:
Post a Comment