Wednesday, July 8, 2009

15 months...Well 15.5 months

But who's counting?
I swear I didn't forget about Kinley turning 15 months. We were just out of town on that day so no blog post. We also just went today for her 15 month check up. Who knew you needed to make those appointments over 2 months in advance?
Anyway, here's a photo of Kinley on June 19th when she officially turned 15 months:Not the greatest actual photo since it's all blurry but you can tell just how excited she was to see this bear statue. The whole weekend was non stop running around and investigating everything for Kinley. We met up with some friends from Raleigh in Blairsville and stayed at Cycle Cabin. It's a really nice cabin and has a great view from the deck of a horse shoe turn on Hwy 129. The two times I've been there we've seen motorcycle crashes on this very turn. I was halfway considering riding with Drew but quickly reconsidered after seeing the wreck this time. No serious injuries, just too scary! So Kinley and I just relaxed around the cabin. Yet another pic that totally stinks but still illustrates what an exciting place this was for Kinley. We mistakenly called this thing a moose when we first got here. There was no convincing Kinley that it wasn't afterall a "Moose!"
One more picture of the bear before I get on to the details about the Dr. appt. She really did love this thing. Here she is kissing it. Joe and Meg spotted a real live bear on a trail, but we did not get close enough to kiss that one.
Check up Details:
15 months = 3 more vaccinations in 3 separate shots. YUCK! I was just as unsuspecting as Kinley for this one. I thought this might actually be one she didn't get shots for. Let's just say she's getting less and less pleased with the needles. This time she tried to grab it out of her leg. She quickly forgave the lady though when she gave her a sticker. Such a sweet girl!
Kinley now weighs 21 lbs and 14 oz which is in the 30th percentile, is 31.5 in tall(80%) and still that noggin of hers is only in the 10th percentile at 17.5 in.
She still loves her daddy and dogs most of all. She's learned to identify animals and lots of her body parts, but be careful ... once you get her started she has to touch every head in the room several times before moving on to eyes, ears, etc.
Her newest things to say are "Bless you" and "Thank you." When a lady at the beach asked her if she was having fun she actually said "yes" plain as day instead of yeah or ummhmmm. She's starting to put together phrases like "It's my daddy", "shoe came off," and "what's that". Of course you may need a translator to understand all that.
I'm beginnig to think her new favorite word is dirty. With her love of playing with all things dirty, she hears it a lot. Then repeats it as she continues to play in the mud, puddles, dog bowls, etc.
She's finally working on some more teeth and hair. Not much but some. If you check out this post you can see her running around in circles literally. She's now perfected the art and twirls. Especially when she's wearing dresses. Makes me want to get up there and sew her some more, but she has soooo many clothes already. Must...wait...for...fall...
If you're still with me, here's one more pic for reading through all that:
Kinley with her babies after the dr. apptTypically the blankie is reserved for bedtime only or sleepy times in the car, but she refused to let go when we got out of the car. She must have still been recovering from those shots. It didn't last long though because they ended up where you ask? A mud puddle...

1 comment:

  1. I can tell in that last picture that her hair is growing more! I can't believe she's saying so much. She's such a smart girl!

    ReplyDelete