Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kinley!

Sweet Baby Kinley graced us with her presence at 2:52 am 03/19/08.
Who can believe it's been a year already. My how time flies. I hear the years go by even quicker from here on out. Here are the first few pictures of our little one.


Sadly I have no pictures of Kinley from today. Since she's constantly on the move and obsessed with the camera, it's difficult to get a good shot of her by myself.
The birthday girl started out her extra special day by sleeping in until 9. Then spent most of the morning climbing in and out of my lap giving kisses and hugs. This is not the norm for her. In the mornings she's generally Miss Independent and plays with her toys completely ignoring me, so it was a nice way to spend the morning.
She had her 12 month check up this afternoon which included 3 shots. Yuck!!!
My favorite part of the day came on our way home. I kept saying "Kinley?" trying to keep her awake in the car so she'd take her nap when we got home and she'd say "mama" back to me.
Might not sound like much but it's only been the last few days that Kinley has said mama intentionally referring to me. Mama is her 8th word. Count 'em in order that she learned them... Bailey, Daddy, done, Macy, bye, yeah, hey and finally Mama. Oh how sweet it is.
P.S. We guessed before this child was even born that her 1st word would be Bailey, or more accurately "no, Bailey" so my feelings weren't too hurt when she held true to our predictions.

1 comment:

  1. I've been a little delayed in keeping up with your blog but I just read this one and it's so sweet. I love the part about her saying "mama" in the car, too cute! I can't wait to hear all 8 words (or more by then) in a few weeks!
    -Kat

    ReplyDelete