Some of you may know that Kinley might be just a little head strong. Andy wanted her to be Perry the Platypus, bottom right in above photo, last year. She refused. She wanted to be George. There was no budging. Well, I guess there was a little budging, since she ended up being a generic monkey, but if you asked her she was George.
She must have remembered all the discussions about it from last year because when we asked what she wanted to be for Halloween back in September, (a sewing mama has to get a head start) she immediately said Phineas. Not Perry. Phineas. Bottom left in above photo. For the record there are no Phineas and Ferb costumes for sale. Good thing her mama sews.
Since Sophie's too little to choose, we decided she could be Perry. And Daddy had to be Ferb and Mama was left with Candace. According to Kinley. If you ask Drew, she got it right on the characters.
Note: photo quality isn't the greatest on some of these. Trying to get a super excited to trick or treat toddler and baby to stand still is impossible. The ones that are good are from Erin's camera on Saturday night. Thanks, Erin!
Here's Phineas:
And Perry:
Phineas and Perry being pulled by Papa:
The whole crew:
How Kinley wanted to pose for all the photos:
What we got when we said no:
Again do we have to keep taking pictures or can we go get candy?
Another in the wagon with Phineas as a purple pumpkin.
Inspecting her loot. And Perry booty. The tail is my favorite part.
Costume details: I made a shirt from a baby pattern I have for Perry. I added a hood with a billl and hand sewed (you read that right) the eyes on. I used a footed pair of pants pattern I have for the bottom because Sophie does not like socks, added webbed feet that slip on over the pants and attached a tail to the back. Phineas was a lot easier. I bought a white tshirt and an orange one. I cut strips off of the orange one and sewed them on top of the white shirt. I used the extra orange fabric for Perry. I used my trusty ruffle pants pattern and cut them off to be shorts with added cargo pockets for Phineas's shorts. Then painted a pair of almost worn out shoes blue to match. My red shirt and Andy's purple scrub pants came from Goodwill. I made my skirt out of white fleece. Andy's yellow shirt was a cheap find at Old Navy.
I was surprised on Friday when we went to trick or treating in the square. Only Sophie and Kinley were dressed up and people actually recognized them. I was a little afraid people wouldn't get it. Our neighborhood definitely did not. That's okay though because Kinley surely didn't notice. I am pretty proud. This is the first year that I've had the chance to make their costumes, and it was fun.

This is ah-mazing! Yall are awesome. Love all 4 of the costumes!
ReplyDeleteAndy looks thrilled ;)
ReplyDelete