Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

It is such a rare occurrence.  I had to document it.  Kinley sleeping.  Not in her bed.  And not at nap or bed time.  This child has never before fallen asleep when there are other things going on.  This is the third time in the last 24 hours that she has passed out like this.  Yesterday after her nap she caught me digging through Christmas decorations frantically searching for "Cary" elf.  I need to make sure we don't stumble upon him while decorating with Kinley.  She's already asking a few too many questions about it.  But I digress, she started crying that her tummy hurt and asked to be held.  Sophie, who actually had slept the entire day away already, was asleep still, so I obliged.  She was asleep in a few seconds flat.  Andy came home to us piled up on the sofa and demanded a temperature check was in order.  102.7.  See the kid NEVER stops.  Even when she is sick.  It doesn't slow her down.  Apparently whatever she has this time is some serious business though because after some tylenol and The Lion King we thought she was better last night.  However this morning within an hour of waking up she had a fever again.  Then vomit.  Then passed out asleep with Sophie banging pots and pans and cartoons on full blast.
During her third nap I decided to snap a photo.  You can see she isn't alone, Tinkerbell, Green Baby, and Jessie are keeping her company with The Grinch and George close by.
Sophie has no fever but went straight to bed after waking up cranky yesterday morning.  I finally drug her out of bed at 12:30 because I'd promised Kinley a trip to the park.  Then they both napped when we got home.  I thought surely she wouldn't sleep last night but she did.  Until 8:30.  And is still sleeping now from her morning nap.  I keep going in her room to make sure she's still breathing.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment