Friday, August 13, 2010

2K here we come

This was Kinley as soon as she finished breakfast Wednesday morning:
"I ready for school, mama!"
Oh and "K is for Kinley."  Such a cutie.  Kin's at a new school this year that is much closer to home.  It's amazing how different just a few months can make.  She never said anything about school last year.  She'd tell you she had a good day but didn't tell you anything specific.  She came running to me when I picked her up and said "I have fun at school today!"  It was soooo cute.  I'm not sure if those teachers were coaching her to say it or not.  I wouldn't put it past them since they were passing out suckers as the kiddos left.  ;)  She was so proud. 
I guess when you don't get candy very often, you don't know not to pick the yucky root beer flavored suckers.  
The only other thing she said immediately was that she played on the slide.
Later while we were driving to Julies, she chimes in that she played with blue.  They had on the calendar that she was learning about Oceans this week and sure enough she colored a blue picture.  She also was able to tell Julie her teachers' names.  
Apparently she does her best thinking in the car.  As we were driving to Nana's and Papa's she pipes in from the back seat that she learned how to take turns, and be nice to her new friends.  She said "I cried cause my mama wasn't back yet."  She might have also said that she pushed.  Sigh...Maybe not so big a change between last year after all.  
For comparisons sake, here she is at the front door on her first day this year and last:

For more laughs, you should head over to picasa to see all the other photos from her first day.  

1 comment:

  1. That extra fabric came in handy...what a cute shirt for her to wear. I am glad she is enjoying school(cause it helps you enjoy some "me" time!)

    ReplyDelete