Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where did Kinley go?

Reward: $100,000
If you have any information on this missing child, please call her mama.

Name: Sweet Kinley Baby
Last Seen: The day before our trip to Raleigh. Went missing after being napless 4 out of 7 days.
Known suspects:
The Hotel Elevator:
and these two:
Reward money to be paid in the form of hours spent with Sweet Kinley when she returns.

Okay, so I'm only half way kidding. We had a great time visiting with friends and enjoying all our favorite places back in NC. The excitement was just too much for Miss Kin to handle. She managed to stay awake from 8 in the morning Saturday until about 5pm that afternoon when we were 15 minutes from the Peacocks' house. Once there, thoughts of running and playing with Emma and Corbin held off any thoughts of sleep. Add to that Daisy and Charlie, the canine members of the house and Chloe the cat, Kinley's newest bff, and there was no chance of sleeping for any sustained amount of time. For days.
We thought we'd give ourselves and the Peacocks some much needed rest on Tuesday and moved to a hotel. Once there, pushing all the buttons in the elevator ruined any chance of napping afterwards. We had two good nap days and those were only out of sheer exhaustion.
Most of you know it, but for those of you who don't, Kinley loves her sleep...so does her mama. We have a hard time getting along when either of us is in short supply of it. Add to that a hectic and stressful week for Drew at work, and we need a vacation from our vacation. A week is just too long to be away from home with a toddler. We loved the time we spent with friends, but man is it good to be home!

On another note, (if you're still reading that is) figure out how to post comments. This is my 99th post, and I have way less comments than posts. My 100th post will be a giveaway. It gets a little lonely typing away here without knowing if anyone is reading or if they care what they are reading about, so I'm going to give you some motivation. More information about what you can win and how to win it will be in that 100th post. In the mean time, here's how to post for you non bloggers and/or technologically challenged readers:
Under each post there is a link that says 0 comments (See I told you it was sad and lonely without any comments ;) Really it could be any number in front of comments, this is just an example)
Click there and an empty box that says post comment should show up. You type your message there. Once finished, you select an account to post with. You can use a gmail account, AOL instant messenger, etc or just use the anonymous option if you don't have any of those. If you select anonymous be sure to sign your name in the post, so I'll know who left the comment.
See, Easy Peasy, so stop telling me you don't know how. :)
I expect to be flooded with comments now. Don't hurt my feelings. I've had a rough enough week already. :)

7 comments:

  1. I subscribe to and read your blog! And I know exactly what you mean about comments being way outnumbered by posts. I think Google Reader has been the death of my commenting :)

    As far as losing your sweet Kinley due to non-napping, isn't that the worst? It seems like when your kid needs a nap the most is when she decides she doesn't. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog Stella. I have it linked to my blog and it tells me when you post something new. I feel you though no one ever post comments on mine either. I don't know if anyone reads it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nap time is a precious, coveted time that should not be taken for granted....or skipped for multiple days. Going napless is torture. I know that pain. Glad you're home and hopefully back into a normal sleep routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still here! And I try to comment as much as possible! :)

    Hope things get back to normal. I know you still had a great time, even if you are a little sleep deprived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love keeping up with Miss Kinley on your blog! I can't believe how big all of our kids are getting. Hoping Kin takes a couple of really good, extra long naps for you this week :) - Kora

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know that I read your blog as well! I was a little behind but caught up today. Will call you back tonight either on my way to class or after class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always read and look for new pics on your blog. I especially love the ones of our kids playing together. Miss you guys. It was so great having you all. Looking forward to seeing you again soon : )
    -J

    ReplyDelete