Kinley's school had a fundraiser and asked for donations. Every year I think: I should sew something. That would be nice. Then procrastinate and don't get anything done. Well this year I bought materials way far in advance, hoping that would inspire me not to procrastinate. Wrong. The day before it is due, I am whipping up not one but two pairs of ruffle pants and not two but 3 embroidered tees.
The ruffle pants were supposed to be a size 4 but fit Kinley like a glove. She is in between sizes, so I felt bad labeling them a size 4 for the auction if they were going to be too small. Plus did you read that? They fit Kinley like a glove. How could I give them away? Ruffle pants, easy smeasy. I can accomplish those in one nap time. Morning nap for Sophie. Try them on after lunch and realize my error. Move on to the second pair during afternoon naps. Check. Things are looking good. Pull out shirts to embroider after bedtime. The dang 4T shirt is a 5T shirt with a 4T sticker tag. Can't turn that in for an auction. Make Kinley a Pumpkin Shirt to match the ruffle pants that do fit her for school the next day. Toss it in the washing machine and go to bed. It dries while we get ready for school. Pull it out of the dryer, the pumpkin fabric is shredded and not caught by the applique stitches. Good thing the shirt I have planned (and still need to rush out and buy, embroider, and get back to the school before noon) for the auction is using a turkey embroidery not the pumpkin one.
Not sure why I thought you might like to hear all that, but hey. Now you know why I don't want to sell my stuff. I do however LOVE making gifts. And occassionally favors. So don't hesitate to ask.
Well maybe hesitate to ask, because apparently I work best under pressure, so you should wait till the last minute then ask. ;)
So here it is. My still wet from removing the stabilizer Turkey outfit for MPCA silent auction.
No comments:
Post a Comment