Thursday, September 1, 2011

Buses

I mentioned it as an aside in the last post, but Miss Kin has started Tumblebus at her school.
She really loves buses.  She gets very excited when we see them on the road.  She mentions how one day she'll be a big kid and get to ride the bus every.single.time we pass one.
I took away t.v. privileges the other day, and this is what Kinley comes up with:
She was a bus driver.  Apparently it required moving the train table to include Sophie as a passenger.  She even used Sophie's links to make her a seat belt.  I suppose the upside down basket is an empty seat if you want to hop on.  ;)
But I digress.  Tumblebus.  She loves buses, so we knew it would be a hit.  She tried it out at VBS and had a great time.
I'm borrowing their photo from the facebook page. 
She loves it.  There was a slight problem though when they mistakenly put her on the Dance Bus instead the first week.  It's pink and purple and all the other little girls were doing it. ;)
They assumed I meant for Kinley to go to that one too since the Tumblebus was all boys.  Wrong.  I'd be fine with it if it was "dance" on said bus, but no.  It was CHEER Bus.  God help us all.  The "totally, for sure" voice started after only 1 day people.  She was showing us her "moves" and cheering on the "Monkeys".  She kept asking Sophie, "Ready? Okay!"  And, "I'm gooooooing to, the MOVIES!"  (just insert your best cheerleader voice here.)  I kid you not.  I really could have strangled someone. 
The next week Andy dropped off Kinley on her Tumblebus day.  I called and asked if her reminded her to get on the yellow bus instead of the pink bus.  His response was he told her to do whichever one she wanted.  Points for Andy on being supportive, but again they took her to the pink one.  They finally got it right the last two weeks.  I'm happy, she's happy and worn out.  She comes out of that bus soaked in sweat and starving.  After she eats some lunch and cools down, she's ready for nap time.  I'm thinking it might be the greatest invention yet.
On a side note, who does want their 3 year old already doing cheer?  I suppose most of the girls did the Tumblebus last year and wanted to try something new this year.  I don't know, but we'll hold out on that one until Kinley is old enough to ask for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment