I'm usually a little uncomfortable sharing a lot of information about myself. I prefer to brag on my kiddos, but not today. I'm on a roll. I joined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago with my friend Denise. At my weigh in this week, I'd lost 5.4lbs in 2 weeks. Even with one of those weeks being spent on vacation.
This morning I've already been up and gone "running" with Sophie girl. (Thanks to Maggie for letting me borrow her jogging stroller!) I say "running" because for now it's mostly walking. Today was my first day of this running program. For the record I haven't run since basketball practice in 7th grade (except for the occasional driveway dash to keep Ms. Kinley out of the street). I just do not run. I have friends that are the same as me that have had success with the C25K program though, so I'm hopeful.
And my favorite part of the last few weeks has been sewing. I've sewn more things in the last 3 weeks than I did in the last 12 months. Including the cutest pair of undies I've ever seen for Kinley. Store bought underwear is just ridiculously expensive for how cheaply it's made. I might have gone a little crazy buying several different kinds when trying to convince Kinley panties were way cooler than diapers, but they're starting to fall apart. I almost caved and bought some new ones the other day in the store, but they were out of her size in the prints she wanted. I decided while my will power was strong, to get back to making her some. I managed to get 4 pairs made while she napped the other day. It just might be TMI, but I'm sharing a photo anyway. A crappy cell phone picture, but a picture.
They are ridiculously cute on Kinley's little bottom. You'll just have to take my word for it though because I'm pretty sure Andy might be ready to divorce me if I put a photo of Kinley's "little bottom" on here. I know, I know the gator is an odd choice in this house, but Kinley developed an unsettling fondness for gators. Especially pretending to "snap" like them. (Picture the horrific Florida Gator Chomp. UGHHH!) But it was totally worth it. She woke up from her nap, and I showed them to her. She grabbed them and hugged them to her little neck while saying "Thank you, thank you!" As long as I get those reactions, my machines will be a humming.
"Little bottom" is in quotation marks because she's decided to start saying that on a regular basis. "I have a little bottom, like my daddy. Mommy has a big bottom." Awesome right? Gotta love that kid.
Kinley started school this week and is loving it. I'll try to get back on later this weekend to share some more on that one. Right now we're off to watch Andy play tennis.

No comments:
Post a Comment