Alrighty, Miss Sophie has turned into such a sweetie pie.
When people talk to her or smile at her, she does this little thing where she turns to bury her face. This is a blurry picture of it but still too cute.And she's our little chunk. When they weighed her at her 4 month check-up, I made them weigh her again. No joke. It said 13.2 lbs. I didn't believe it. I thought she'd be 15lbs already. She drinks 6 oz 5 times a day and cries at the end of every bottle. The doctor said no more formula but to start feeding her solids and maybe she'll slow down on the bottles. So we came home, requested daddy get the high chair out of the attic and tried feeding her cereal.
No go:
I thought maybe she didn't like the high chair and tried the bumbo:
Wrong. Daddy had to come to her rescue. I would have kept trying (and photographing). A week later we tried again:
And she loves it. Cries if you take too long between bites. I gave her a few bites of green beans, and she smiled while she gobbled them up. I also thought we'd try some water in a cup over the weekend, and she took it right out of my hands and took a few sips.Kinley thought she wanted a taste of this stuff we were so excited to be feeding Sophie. So I gave her a taste, while it's just rice cereal and tastes like cardboard to head off the pleading each and every time I feed Sophie in the future, totally did the trick. She gagged and ran for paper towels to spit it out.
Other exciting things in Sophie land, she's been rolling over for a while now in both directions. Apparently she has discovered the last week that rolling can get you places, like away from your sister:
She started out on the top right corner of the blanket. Kind of near where Kinley's feet are. She kept going till she got caught up in the chair. My new trick to keeping her in place on a blanket: put her on this blanket:
Then she just tries to get the pictures.
Seriously good entertainment.
Her sister isn't too thrilled about sharing her blanket Kat made. Can you tell?
I think that's about it for now. Record number of posts in one day. Enjoy! More photos here.





No comments:
Post a Comment