Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Beds

Big Girl beds, American Girl beds and Baby beds.  It's been all about beds here at our house lately.  If you haven't heard of or visited Ana-White.com, you should.  But be prepared to lose several hours of your time.  And maybe create a new obsession.  She provides free woodworking plans to build knock offs of furniture from popular retailers.
Back in November, we decided to use some of her plans to build Kinley a new bed since we need the crib for her baby sister.  Andy spent many hours working on this thing with a little helper standing by for most of it, and it's finally finished.  Kinley loves it.  She is so proud of her new big girl room.  She spends way more time in there playing now and shows it off to everyone who comes over.
One day we'll add a trundle under there for little friends or sister to sleep over.
The paint had barely dried before Andy had to pick up his tools to build the same bed in miniature, times 2.  For two special little girls who needed beds for their new American Girl dolls.  Kinley helped make the beds and the mattresses, pillows and blankets for the dolls.  She's become quite the expert pillow stuffer.
Now we're moving on to this disaster area:
 Can you even find a bed in that picture?  
On another note, 110.  110.  That is the number of outfits this little one has for the first 3 months of her life.  Yes, I seriously counted.  I was so blown away as I was going through everything.  I told Andy she'd have at least an outfit a day for the first 3 months.  My guess was close.  It's absurd people.  Absolutely absurd.  I'm considering donating about half of it, but it's all so stinking cute it's hard to go through and pick things to give away.  All I can say is baby Camy and Kinley sure were some well dressed newborns.
This photo isn't even all of it.  This is what was left over once I ran out of hangers.  So much for sewing sweet newborn clothes.  I suppose I'll have to content myself with fancy burp cloths and freaking bedding.  Which have I mentioned lately I despise sewing bedding?  And I still haven't finished baby Porter's quilt!!!    

1 comment:

  1. I've been a tad out of pocket lately, but the beds all look great!!

    ReplyDelete