Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Swap Goodies

I showed you guys some of the things I made to send into the sewing swap I signed up for here. I received my package of goodies that other mamas made.

Kid portion of the Swap:A handmade doll that Kinley immediately claimed, a hand dyed t-shirt that is a little big but a very pretty color of blue, and bows that I long for Kinley to have enough hair to wear.

Two long sleeve Miss Madelines and a hoodie. I have the dress pattern but have never made it long sleeve. I actually have those orange fabrics upstairs. I have a thing for orange lately. However I already have a dress cut out of the main dress fabric waiting to be sewn. Not sure what to do with two matchy dresses.
A ready to wear t-shirt that was appliqued/embroidered. A pink and brown outfit that is very soft and cuddly. And some undies. I love these! They are so cute and make me want to start potty training immediately. Kinley wore them as a diaper cover last night while running around the house.
Mama portion of the swap:
A handbag, potholders and oven mitt, a wallet and pincushion. I LOVE the bag! It is from this free tutorial. Erin made one in Christmas fabrics the other day during our sewing fun day. I look at the blue and brown fabric every time I go to Joanns but never buy it.
I am very happy with all the things I got. I was determined not to get my hopes up just in case I didn't like the things I got. I said if I got one thing for Kinley that was nice I would be happy. I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't believe I was so skeptical of what I would get. I can't wait to participate in more. I will not ever do 12 freaking items though. The poor lady that sorted the swap probably had a miserable time trying to find 12 items to send back to me since I only have one kid and she is so young. I just couldn't help myself this time I was so excited to be participating. Anyway if you want to see a couple of bad poorly lit photos of Kinley modeling the things she could fit into check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment